Monday, April 21, 2014

An upcycled magazine holder created by DT Trudy using the "Petticoat Ephemera" Printable Journal Kit

Hey Crafty Friends!
I've made an upcycled magazine holder to match the journal I made for you a few weeks ago using the beautiful "Petticoat Ephemera" Printable Journal Kit from Tsunami Rose Designs.
 
 
 
~~**~~**~~**~~
 
Hard to believe this is how it started out
 
 
 
~~**~~**~~**~~
 
I added clear Gesso to the inside and outside of the cardboard
 
 
~~**~~**~~**~~
 
Folk Art acryllic paint was used on the outside edges since my original idea was to use this as a border. Once I placed the printed paper, I really didn't care for it this way - so on to plan "B".
 
 
 
~~**~~**~~**~~
 
Wrights White Hem Facing (1 3/4") was stained with a mix of Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Mowed Lawn Distress Stains and attached through the front of the holder with floral binding wire.
 
 
~~**~~**~~**~~
 
Hand made roses were glittered, but then I decided against adding them to the finished product. I'll wait until I can get more of the dark pink rosettes to match the journal.
 
 
 
 
 ~~**~~**~~**~~
 
And here is is with the journal.
 
 
Visit Trudy on her blog at StickyFingers.

~~**~~**~~**~~
 "Petticoat Ephemera" Printable Journal Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment